Updated November 7, 2013
- “Sites” or “Splengroup” shall include any information or services made available by About, regardless of the medium, and shall include, without limitation any affiliated websites, mobile applications, videos, products and applications we make available. We reserve the right at any time, and from time to time, to modify, suspend or discontinue (temporarily or permanently) the Sites, or any part of the Sites, with or without notice. You agree that we shall not be liable to you for any such action.
- The Sites are not intended for users under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, do not use the Sites and do not provide us with any personal information. The Sites are designed for those people who reside in the United States or any of its territories and possessions. We make no claims that the Sites or any of their content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Sites may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Sites from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
The terms About, About.com, Calorie Count, ConsumerSearch and other Company trademarks and services marks, and associated logos and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of About or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of About. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on the Sites are the trademarks of their respective owners.
If you believe content on the Sites violates your copyright, please see our DMCA Policy, below.
No reliance on information posted on the Sites, including User Contributions or content by independent contributors such as Experts or Guides.
We do not have an obligation to, and you should not expect us to review content on our Sites, including User Contributions or contributions by our independent contributors known as “Experts” or “Guides.”
Although About and its affiliates may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, and other user and member generated pages on the Sites, we are under no obligation to do so. You acknowledge that we do not control the information available on Site forums, chat rooms and other user and member generated pages and that any opinions, advice, services, offers or other information or content disseminated through the Sites are those of their respective authors, including users, Experts, Guides and other writers and contributors, who are solely liable for their content. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to edit, refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted through the Sites.
About our Experts.
About seeks out content providers in particular subject matters as independent contributors who publish the content they write (click here to find out about becoming an “Expert”). However, Splengroup does not represent or guarantee that any ‘Expert’ or ‘Guide’ has achieved any particular level of expertise or knowledge or has any specific qualifications or credentials, without limitation, as to the subject matter to which their contributions relate. We may refer to each of these contributors as an ‘Expert’ or ‘Guide’, but you must understand we rely on the information they provide us and we do not independently verify or attempt to confirm any information they provide, nor their qualifications or credentials. Splengroup also does not monitor or independently research or verify any content they contribute. Contributors, even if characterized as ‘Expert’ or a ‘Guide’, are not employees of Splengroup or its affiliates and About cannot and does not represent or warrant the accuracy, completeness or truthfulness of the qualifications or credentials of any contributor, nor of any other users of the Service or Sites. Each Expert or Guide has a biography posted on the Site where the Expert or Guide describes their own experience.
Don’t rely on site content, including User Contributions and content from independent contributors known as Experts or Guides. Content, articles, materials, information and postings by contributors are provided purely for general information purposes only and can never take into account your unique, personal circumstances and needs. Never rely upon such general information in making decisions about specific situations, or use it as a substitute for in-person evaluation or professional advice (including, without limitation, medical, legal, tax, financial or veterinary issues), even if from individuals About characterizes as an ‘Expert’ or a ‘Guide.’ You acknowledge and agree that any reliance or actions you take in violation of your agreement with us, shall be at your sole and exclusive risk and About shall have no responsibility or liability to you whatsoever. You also acknowledge and agree that communications on or through the Service, whether with content providers or other users, are at your own risk and are not covered by any privilege or confidentiality obligation that might apply if you were to obtain your own professional advice (e.g., attorney-client; doctor-patient).
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate About, an About employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Site, or which, as determined by us, may harm About or users of the Site or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Site in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Sites or interfere with any other party’s use of the Site, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Site.
- You agree not to “scrape” or disaggregate data from the Site (whether by manual or automated means), for any commercial, marketing, or data compiling or enhancing purpose. Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Site or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Site, the server on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Site.
- Attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site.
Content that you make available on the Sites.
The Site may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Site.
If you voluntarily disclose personal information (e.g., user name, email address) on the Sites, such as on a forum, chat room or on any other user or member generated pages, that information can be viewed in search engines, collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited contact from other parties. We advise that you not post any personal or other sensitive information on our Sites.
Any User Contribution you post to the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Site, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not the Company, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness.
We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Site.
The Sites may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on this Site.
- Send e-mails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on this Site.
- Cause limited portions of content on this Site to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us, and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
Monitoring and enforcement; termination
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Site.
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, harass, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Promote commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if that is not the case.
Your indemnification of us.
YOUR USE OF THE SITES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER, ABOUT, INC., IAC/INTERACTIVECORP, NOR ANY OF THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES OR LICENSORS (INCLUDING EXPERTS OR GUIDES) SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SITES AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SITES OR ARISING OUT OF ANY ACTION TAKEN IN RESPONSE TO OR AS A RESULT OF ANY INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SITES. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST ABOUT, INC., IAC/INTERACTIVECORP AND THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND LICENSORS (INCLUDING EXPERTS OR GUIDES) ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITES AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE THEREON.
PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL AND THERAPEUTIC ADVICE DISCLAIMERS.
THE SITES OFFER HEALTH, FITNESS AND NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION DESIGNED FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. YOU SHOULD CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN BEFORE BEGINNING A NEW NUTRITIONAL OR FITNESS PROGRAM.
- YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON ANY INFORMATION ON THE SITES, INCLUDING AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR HEALTH, YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CONSULT WITH A PHYSICIAN OR OTHER HEALTH-CARE PROFESSIONAL. DO NOT DISREGARD, AVOID OR DELAY OBTAINING MEDICAL OR HEALTH RELATED ADVICE FROM YOUR HEALTH-CARE PROFESSIONAL BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU MAY HAVE READ ON A SITE. THE USE OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON A SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- NOR SHOULD YOU RELY ON ANY INFORMATION ON THE SITES AS, OR AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, PROFESSIONAL COUNSELING CARE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PSYCHIATRY, PSYCHOTHERAPY, OR OTHER MENTAL HEALTH OR REHABILITATION TREATMENT, DIAGNOSIS OR ADVICE.
- FURTHER, AS MEDICAL RESEARCH AND SCIENCE EVOLVE, THE ADVICE CONTAINED ON THE SITES WILL NOT ALWAYS INCLUDE THE MOST RECENT FINDINGS OR DEVELOPMENTS WITH RESPECT TO THE PARTICULAR SUBJECT MATTER.
Our additional disclaimers and your representations regarding “Calorie Count”.
In becoming a Member of About’s Calorie Count Sites and use the Calorie Count Service, you affirm that either (A) all of the following statements are true: (i) no physician has ever informed you that you have a heart condition or that you should only make diet changes or physical activities as recommended by a physician; (ii) you have never felt chest pain when engaging in physical activity; (iii) you have never lost your balance because of dizziness and you have never lost consciousness; (iv) your physician is not currently prescribing drugs for your blood pressure or heart condition; (v) you are not taking any medication that would adversely interact with specific foods or diet plans; (vi) you are neither pregnant, breastfeeding nor lactating, and (vii) you do not know of any other reason, including any prior medical condition, why you should not diet or exercise; or (B) if any of the above are true, then your physician has specifically approved of your use of Calorie Count.
If You Cannot Make The Above Representations, You Should Not Use the Calorie Count Service.
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your membership if we determine that you have certain medical conditions.
Nutritional information disclaimer.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on the Sites. Additionally, users may submit product nutritional information which may not be accurate. Accordingly, although this information is intended to be helpful, you should not rely on the information presented, but should always read actual product labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Third party links, advertisements, websites and content.
We do not review or monitor any web sites, advertisements, or other media linked to or available through the Sites and are not responsible for the content of any such third party advertisements or linked web sites. Prior to purchasing any third party products or services described on the Sites, you are advised to verify pricing, product quality and other information necessary to make an informed purchase. Neither About nor its parent or any of its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, agents, representatives or licensors shall have any liability arising from your purchases of third party products or services based upon the information provided on the Sites, and we shall not receive or review complaints regarding such purchases.
Limitation on time to file claims.
Waiver and severability.
About deals with copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). You may not post, upload, or otherwise place any content or information on the site that belongs to a third party, unless you have the legal right to do so. If you believe in good faith that your copyrighted work has been reproduced on our Sites without authorization in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify our designated copyright agent either by mail to Copyright Agent (Legal), About, Inc., 1500 Broadway, 6th Floor, New York, NY, 10036 or in email to Info@splengroup.com This contact information is only for suspected copyright infringement. Please include the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the Sites, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material, such as the precise url (web page) that it appeared on, along with any copies you have of that web page.
- Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number and e-mail address).
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement that the information in the written notice is accurate.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notice is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Sites is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees).
Your Comments and Concerns
This website is operated by About, Inc., located at 1500 Broadway, New York, NY 10036.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Sites should be directed to: Customer Care.
Thank you for visiting the Site.
The Types of Information We Collect
Information You Give Us
To enable you to enjoy certain features of our Services, we collect certain types of information, including personally identifiable information. For example, we collect information when you:
Sign up to receive email newsletters.
When we send newsletters to subscribers we may allow advertisers or partners to include messages in those newsletters, or we may send dedicated newsletters on behalf of those advertisers or partners. To unsubscribe from a particular newsletter, click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of that email newsletter. If you would like to globally opt-out from ALL About.com email campaigns please send an email to email@example.com with “Unsubscribe” in the subject line.
When you register to use forums or other Services, we ask you to provide certain information, which may include your email address, home address, birth year, gender, health conditions, credit card number and zip code, as well as a password for your account.
Engage in public activities on the Services.
Provide Us Your Credit Card and Billing Information.
To enable payment for certain Services, we or a service or payment provider acting on our behalf may collect and store billing and credit card information.
Contests, Sweepstakes and Special Offers.
Information We Collect Using Technology
We may collect information about the browser, computer, mobile phone, smartphone or other device you use to access the Services to measure the effectiveness of those Services.
Cookies and Similar Technology.
We log Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, or the location of your computer on the Internet, for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes. We use this information in an aggregate fashion to track access to our Services (websites and mobile applications), and may also use it to infer your location, as also discussed in the below section titled “Geolocation Data.”
For certain mobile applications we offer, we may (or may enable a third party, including an advertiser to) request your geolocation information in order to provide you with ads, offers, search or other functionality. If you agree to such collection, we (or the third party) may maintain information regarding your precise geolocation including over time and may use it to help enable that functionality, or other functionality we describe to you in connection with the mobile application or website.
In addition, we may (or may enable a third party, such as an advertiser to) capture geo-location information (such as based on IP address data) when you access our Services, and may use that geo-location information to targets ads or offers to you.
We may use third parties to provide us information, reports and analysis about the usage and browsing patterns of users of the Services. These reports contain aggregated or anonymous data only, and do not identify individual users to About.com.
We may also automatically log certain information about your use of the Services. This information includes a reading history of the pages you view and a record of the sites from which you clicked on a link to visit ours.
Like many websites, and web and mobile services, we may use (or work with third party partners who use) a variety of technologies to learn more about how people interact with our Services. This section provides more information about some of those technologies and how they work.
- Cookies. Cookies are small files that websites and other online services use to store information about users on the users’ own computers. Cookies can be used to store sign-in credentials so that you don’t have to enter them each time you return to a website, or to store other information to make web viewing more customized or efficient upon future visits. Cookies also may store a unique identifier tied to your computer so that web services and advertising networks can recognize you across visits to different websites. You can configure your Internet browser to warn you each time a cookie is being sent or to refuse all or certain cookies completely.We (or our partners) may use or support cookies for purposes including the following:
- To collect information about your browsing activities in order to deliver customized or relevant services, advertising or content to you (including regarding our own products and content), when you browse our Website or other websites or open the emails we send you;
- To relate the information collected by cookies to information we obtain from you directly or from commercially available sources;
- To work with third parties that serve advertisements (through our Services or across the Internet) or provide other services to us, such as providing users the ability to comment on content, allowing users to share content, or tracking website usage statistics. We do not control these third party technologies and their use is governed by the privacy policies of the third parties using such technologies. For more information about third party ad networks and services that use these technologies, see www.aboutads.info, and to learn about or exercise your opt-out options, go to http://aboutads.info/choices. To learn more about how third parties may collect and use information online, and how you can exercise opt-out choices regarding that information, see the below Section titled “Information Collected by Third-Parties and Your Ad & Cookie Choices.”
Other Local Storage.
We (or our partners) may use other kinds of local storage, such as Local Shared Objects (also referred to as “Flash cookies”) and HTML5 local storage, in connection with the Services. These technologies are similar to the cookies discussed above in that they are stored on your computer and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences. However, these objects are stored in different parts of your computer from ordinary browser cookies. Your browser may allow you to disable its HTML5 local storage or delete information contained in its HTML5 local storage. For information about deleting information contained in Local Shared Objects or adjusting related preferences, please click here.
We (or our partners) may use technologies called web beacons that communicate information from your Internet browser to a web server. Web beacons can be embedded in web pages, videos, or emails, and can allow a web server to read certain types of information from your browser, check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed the web beacon, the IP address of your computer, and the URL of the web page from which the web beacon was viewed. These web beacons may be used for a variety of purposes, including to analyze the use of the Services and in conjunction with cookies to provide content and ads that are more relevant to you.
How We May Use and Share the Information We Collect
Providing the Services You Request
We use the information, including analytics and statistical information, to analyze the use of the Services so that we may improve them. We also use this information to generally inform advertisers about the nature of our user base.
Customizing Your Experience
We use the information that we collect to allow advertising to be targeted to the users for whom such advertising is most pertinent. We may also use this information to customize certain features of the Services to provide you with an enhanced experience based on information such as the type of device you are using to access the Services, your activities on the services, or your location or geo-location. We may also use this information to provide you with services you have requested.
We may contract with other companies that provide services to us, including credit-card and billing processors, survey administrators, technical or customer support, shipping, e-mail distribution, email service providers, data enhancement and information or analytics providers, list processing and promotions management. Sometimes, we may provide to these service providers aggregate or anonymized information about how users interact with our Services (or other information provided to us by users), which may help them enhance their own products, data or analytics.
Our Parent Company
About, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of IAC and an operating company of Ask.com. We share information we collect with our affiliates (entities that are under common ownership or control) to better understand our users (their demographics, what they do on our Websites, what Website features they like, how they use them, etc.), to serve ads on other IAC websites, and to improve the content and answers delivered on the Services and on affiliate services, such as Ask.com’s services.
Communication with Guides, Experts and other Contributors to the Services
Information Collected by Third-Parties and Your Ad & Cookie Choices
- For more information about these third-party Ad Networks and opting out of tracking through the NAI, visit:http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
- For more information about interest-based advertising and opting out through the DAA, visit:http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
- For more information about disabling and controlling third-party cookies in your browser, visit:
In addition to the above, we have implemented on our Services certain “Google Analytics” features that support Display Advertising, including re-targeting. Visitors to our Websites may opt out of Google Analytics, customize the Google Display Network ads by using the Google Ad Preferences Manager and learn more about how Google serves ads by viewing its Customer Ads Help Center. If you do not wish to participate in Google Analytics, you may also download theGoogle Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
Other Privacy Considerations
We may transfer your information to a third party if we or any of our affiliates are involved in a transfer or all or part of our business or assets (e.g., a sale, merger, dissolution, liquidation or reorganization) or are taking steps in anticipation of such a transaction (e.g., participating in due diligence).
Do Not Track Browser Disclosure
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services.
We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our Websites for third party purposes, and that is why we provide the NAI “Consumer Opt-out” link and the DAA opt-out link above. However, we do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT.
Information from Children Under 13
We do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under 13. If we determine that a user is under 13, we will delete all personally identifiable information collected from that user.
Information from Users Outside of the United States
Your California Privacy Rights
Under the California “Shine The Light” law, California residents may opt-out of the disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes (as those concepts are defined in that law) However, we do not currently engage in the type of sharing covered by that law.
Compliance With Legal Process
We may disclose personal information (1) if we believe such sharing is appropriate to comply with the law or with legal process; (2) to protect and defend our rights, services or property; (3) to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Services; or (4) to protect the safety or property of our users or any member of the public (among other things, this means that if we believe you have provided false information or attempted to pose as someone else, information about you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your actions).
Or you can contact us by mail at:
56 E. Jamaica Ave.
Valley Stream NY
About maintains a distinct separation between Advertising and editorial content.
- All Advertising or sponsored content on the About sites is clearly and unambiguously distinguished from editorial content through borders or other distinguishing elements and/or identified as an “Ad,” “Advertisement,” “Sponsored” or a similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of the sponsor.
- All ads on About.com Health are labeled as an “Ad,” “Advertisement,” “Sponsored” or a similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of the sponsor.
- All “native” ads or paid content are identified as an “Ad,” “Advertisement,” “Sponsored” or a similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of the sponsor.
- Editorial content on the About sites is not influenced by advertisements unless the content is sponsored content, in which case, the content will be clearly demarcated and identified with the title “Ad,” “Advertisement,” or “Sponsored”, or a similar designation, indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of an advertiser or sponsor.
About Ethics Policy for Independent Contractor Experts
Ecommerce and Affiliate Links Disclosure. Experts may receive compensation for participation in third-party affiliate programs, including purchases made through links to About’s ecommerce partners.
Funding Statement. About.com is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of IAC/Interactive Corp, which is a public company (NASDAQ: IACI). Other than loans or transfers from affiliated companies, the only external sources of funding are from advertisements and sponsored content on the website.