There are few dishes I like better than a good Mole. This grilled mole turkey breastis truly fantastic and will inspire you to eat turkey all year round.
- 2 pounds/900 g turkey breast
- 1 cup/240 mL chicken broth
- 2 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL cayenne
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL raisins
- 1 ounce/30 g unsweetened chocolate
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cinnamon
Cut tortillas into 1 inch squares. Put everything except the oil and the turkey into a blender and puree. Pour into sauce pan and simmer until chocolate is melted and well mixed (15 minutes). Let cool. Rinse and dry turkey breasts. Cut into small pieces (I use 1 inch strips). Place turkey and mixture in a resealable bag and toss. Let sit for 1 hour at room temperature. Brush grill with oil and preheat.
Grill turkey pieces about 5 minutes per side. The turkey is cooked when the juices run clear.