- 1 ½ cups basmati rice, uncooked
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large pan saute chicken breasts on medium heat in butter until browned (about 4 minutes each side).
Add chicken broth, onion, garlic, salt and pepper, cover and simmer for twenty five minutes.
Add basmati rice and stir to mix ingredients together. Cover and simmer on low heat for twenty five minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for 3-5 minutes. Serve immediately.